Friday 4 February 2011

Creating the Set (Part 2)

As there are so many assets involved in this short animation (hallway lights, posters, different computers) I have spent another 2 days modelling and texturing. Luckily, assets such as the XPS can simply be duplicated around the room.
As a result of this work, I am extremely happy with how the look and feel of the animation is coming together. My frequent use of 3ds Max combined with Photoshop is definately improving my skills over the course of this assignment, and I feel very comfortable working with UVWs. To the left is a quick Scanline Rendered image of the low-polygon textured XPS machine. These are very outstanding an iconic to the room in which the character will end up in, therefore it was necessary to get it looking as realistic as possible. Of course, my final animation will be rendered in a more suitable engine such as Mental Ray or Vray, providing better shading and lighting to my scene. The picture below shows the overal progress of the lab (C010). The posters on the wall show another use of Unwrap UVW modifier supplied in 3ds Max. The walls are yet to be placed, however I have designed to the layout in a manner which will allow me to simply extrude the walls from the frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment