Tuesday 1 February 2011

The Concept

  As the assignment brief states that we must include certain features to gain the required grades, my first step was to begin trying to piece together a story in which i could effectively demonstrate all of these features. I am a very keen 3D modeller, and am effectively self-taught in the 3Ds Max environment, so i wanted to be able to create all of the assets for the animation clip. The other main point to consider is that it has to take place within the Bedfordshire environment.

  By the end of the first night, i had decided that i definately wanted the animation to take place within the Computer Labs (my particular area of study and passion). This would also work well as I am currently taking on a large scale model of the whole of the Computer Lab area within the University. I would be able to use assets from this in my animation.

Storyline Idea

  From the start of the assignment there was an idea in my head that I really wanted to persue. The character (Male or Female) will be walking through the Computer Lab corrider and his or her ideas will be being projected behind the windows either side (this will work well as the Hallway Windows are a very dominant feature). The tag line "What will you create?" will be shown at the end before fading to white and eventually the University of Bedfordshire Logo. Before this however, the character will reach the end of the hallway and take a seat at his or her desk, ready to get creating.

  I feel that this idea will allow me to include all of the areas of the marking criteria, and also allow me a certain level of experimentation and fantasy; All the features needed to attract someone to come to the University.
The tools i plan on using are 3Ds Max 2010, Adobe Photoshop CS4, and a compositing program such as Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere.

No comments:

Post a Comment